Tuesday 16 December 2014

5 Reasons Your Portfolio Should Be A Blog

"Blogging for me has been hugely beneficial for my learning, because of the power to not only think of an audience (making me think deeper about what I write), but also about connecting with the audience.  For the past few years, we have been working on this project in Parkland School Division (Our Digital Portfolio Project), and it takes time because it is meant to showcase learning over a long period of time.  If learning is non-linear and takes time to develop, so should the work that aligns with it.  Patience is necessary." George Couros

http://connectedprincipals.com/archives/11030

I agree with George Couros's post (via Stephen Downes). Blogging has been very useful for my personal learning. Being able to go back, reference, and reflect on posts is a real advantage. Controlling your own posts is much better than leaving it to your favourite social media platform's news feed. We recently had a strategy meet at BMJ Case Reports and getting back to blogging regularly there would be useful too!

Blogging
Source: https://flic.kr/p/dUnZaM

No comments:

Post a Comment